, , , , , , , , , ,

There’s something to be said for having SO much fun to that you forget take pictures (it happens)…..or to blog about it. And busy? I started back to work at the library the same day that the boys started back. ‘Nuff said.

As a result, I haven’t posted in a WEEK, and I know you’re dying to know what I’ve been up to. SO, please consider this a return to blogging (and an attempt, by me, to piece together the last seven days….)

Thursday, September 6, 2012 – Met Harley’s mom for breakfast at a new gourmet carryout place in downtown Lancaster, near Franklin and Marshall College. Ralph’s has pastries, coffee drinks, sandwiches, and gourmet dinner’s to go. Had a freshly- made (by Harley’s dad, no less) danish and iced cafe mocha (16oz for $3.00 pretty reasonable, I thought). Decor theme is, hello?, french country with a lot of red, yellow, and ROOSTERS. Reminds me of someone’s kitchen.

Friday, September 7, 2012 – Evan and Will officially survived the first week of school. SHHH! Don’t say it! I MEAN it! I’ve already taken part in a very contentious debate about whether it was, in fact, the first week of school….because there were only 4 days of school. Just so you know where I stand…it WAS the first week of school, and it was freaking fabulous, thank-you-very-much.

We attended the intermediate school open house Friday night and were given a tour of the brand-new building by the boys. They installed locker shelves and magnets…whilst admiring the locker of the daughter of a friend of mine….complete with an LED motion-sensitive lighted chandelier no less. Oh yes, and a beaded curtain. I was reminded of Snoopy’s dog house, which was always so much bigger on the inside than would appear to be possible, WASN’T IT? (I’m dying to Google for a picture, but I’m trying to just GET THIS OUT).

We also shopped the Scholastic Book Sale, acquiring a copy of the latest offering in the Captain Underpants series, The Terrifying Re-Turn of Tippy Tinkletrousers (this is the part where you say, “at least they’re reading!”)

The highlight of the evening was visiting the new $1,000 sinks in the cafeteria bathrooms. Yes, you heard me right. “By god!”, you’re saying, “those sinks had better wash my hands for me!”. They do. Automatic everything. Hands under, soap squirts, water runs, blower starts. No towel waste, water left running, etc. The kind of that that should “pay for itself” (but won’t).

Saturday, September 8, 2012 – Season opener for Evan and Will’s U12 soccer team. Had to remind Will that he can HEAD the ball (he knows how and HAS) …rather than ducking – after the first three times, he was starting to look a little silly. Speaking of silly. Both teams were “blue”, so our team had to wear white pinnies. Pinnies that looked like they were borrowed from the U19 team. Nobody could keep the shoulders up, and the “hem” came below their knees. They all looked like little orphan girls from Annie. Physically, our team looked a little out of shape…in “video-game shape” one of the dad’s observed. Luckily, so was the other team, and we won 3-0.

That afternoon, we hosted our 15th annual crab feast. What started out as a chance for our wedding party to get to know each other has morphed into what is now a party for about twenty of Scott’s friends from work. We buy a bushel and a half of steamed crabs and a few cases of beer (and soda). Everyone else brings side dishes and desserts.

Despite a pretty nasty storm while Scott and Evan were on the road getting the crabs [insert your favorite Twister quote. Our is “We’ve got debris!”] , a good time was had by all, in the garage. Thankfully we scrapped the idea of putting up the tent, when we saw the forecast. Some highlights….K’s world famous peanut butter fudge and A’s now-famous Gladware container of alcohol SLUSH. “Two great tastes that taste great together”….sort of…

Sunday, September 9, 2012 – I was planning on sleeping off the crabs, etc., when I remembered that I was on tap (in a manner of speaking) for altar guild after the late service (that’s communion clean-up) at church. Got ‘er done and headed out for lunch with the boys (and man). Wings, chicken tenders, quesadillas, and beers (Oktoberfest. Yum.) on the deck at Mick’s All American, followed by an afternoon nap with my puppy. Cold crabs for dinner. Perfect!!

Monday, September 10, 2012 – At the dog park at 8 AM to wear Bailey out before work. Getting started a lot earlier these days, with the boys on the bus by 7:50. Last year, I drove them, and we were usually racing to get to school by 9 AM. Lots of opportunities for more productivity this year…we’ll see how that works out. Having a tired dog is a M, W, F priority — we scaled back to only two days (T, Th) per week at doggy day care. So far, so good…..fingers still very much crossed, seeing as he’s home alone RIGHT NOW.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 – I actually worked out for thirty minutes, after dropping Bailey at day care. There’s a great jogging path around the hospital by our house. Met some morning walkers and a few dogs, before it was time for work.

After work, I picked a half-dozen (refrigerated from Saturday) crabs clean and made English Muffin Crabbies (look for a yummy post later tonight!). Before bed, I cleaned the remaining dozen and froze the meat (with a salt brine) for a winter treat.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 – Um….went to the park this morning. Went to work. Rejoining the blogging world as regularly programmed…..