I am feeling the love today and am neither sad nor lonely, BUT Valentine’s Days Past often found me moping about and listening to sad music just to feel WORSE. Hence, the playlist I named “Crying In Your Coffee”, circa early 90’s, a Top 10 of misery.
Enjoy……..or, rather, have a good cry!!
- What It Takes (Aerosmith)- Steven Tyler’s vocals ARE the sound of having your heart ripped out, in this 1990 power ballad.
- It Makes No Difference Now (Ray Charles) – She stole all the meaning right out of his life, and, even though he’s smiling, you know he’s crying on the inside.
- Ain’t That A Shame (Fats Domino)- A little repetitive, but the fat man knows sad.
- Straight To Hell (Drivin’ and Cryin’)- At least your life is better than the guy in this song…I hope.
- Shine A Light (Rolling Stones)- Welcome to rock bottom. Best enjoyed with a bourbon at a dive bar.
- Already Gone (The Eagles) – You can’t break my heart because I’m, well….already gone. Take that!
- Cry, Cry, Cry (Johnny Cash)- He/she will know your pain some day….Johnny promises.
- I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues (Elton John)- Yes, that is TOTALLY why they call it the blues.
- Least Complicated (Indigo Girls)- Jilted, jaded, and ready to do it all over again.
- Take It On the Run (REO Speedwagon)- Denial is the first stage of grief, after all.
- Love the One You’re With (Crosby, Stills, & Nash)- Time to turn off the tunes and get back out there. Booty call!!!!!